The new Enduro II 7005 frame is engineered smart, using lightweight, oversized aluminum tubing to increase stiffness with ovalized cross-sections that enhance pedaling rigidity while improving vertical give for a smoother ride. You’ll have a hard time finding a lighter, better (or better looking) package for the money.
Reliable Shimano drivetrains provide motive power, starting with 21-speeds for the Trail XR and X1, moving up to 24 gears on the X2 and X3. Linear-pull brakes put impressive stopping power at your fingertips – upgraded to disc brakes on the X3! --letting you make the most from the grippy knobby tires on any surface.
Trail X-series bikes are versatile and well-equipped for easy campus cruising, in-town commutes and that first season or two of off-roading. They’re the perfect transition between the rider you are now and the rider you want to become.
Features and Benifits:
- Lightweight & durable 7005 series aluminum frame with over-sized, ovalized & tapered tubing with a replaceable derailleur hanger for increased frame longevity
- Sloping Enduro II frame design in 6 sizes assures best possible customer fit for more comfort, better handling, increased safety
- RST-Gila T8 suspension fork offers 80mm MCU damped travel with external preload adjustment, alloy crown and sliders
- 24-speed Shimano EZ Fire Plus shifting drivetrain features an SR 42/34/24 crankset, Shimano Acera rear derailleur & Shimano 11-32 cassette for go anywhere capability
- Alloy eyeleted rims, disc hubs & 72 stainless steel spokes are lightweight but durable, and wont rust.
- Lots of other lightweight, rust-proof alloy parts -- alloy micro-adjust seat post, alloy crank, alloy seat post clamp, alloy brakes
- Aheadset, threadless steering system saves weight and preloading headset bearings is much easier on standard threaded headsets
- 26 x 1.95” knobby tires are trail capable
- Broad based ATB saddle with front & rear protective guards offers plenty of comfort & style
- Cable-actuated disc brakes offer great braking control in all conditions & increase rim sidewall longevity
This information was extracted from http://www.jamisbikes.com/